Ensure you are alerted to dangerous carbon monoxide leaks with the First Alert CO5120PDBN Hardwired Carbon Monoxide Alarm. This carbon monoxide detector uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor, and it comes equipped with a microprocessor that helps minimize false alarms. It also features a backlit digital display that shows current and peak levels. A plug-in power connector makes installation quick and easy, while a tamper-resistant mounting bracket lock keep the alarm secure. Featuring a 9-volt battery backup, this unit is designed to offer seamless detection, even in the event of a power outage. An 85-decibel horn sounds if carbon monoxide levels are too high, and a warning chirp notifies you when batteries need to be replaced. This carbon monoxide alarm can integrate with up to 12 other First Alert or BRK hardwired alarms and up to six other compatible devices–such as bells, horns, and repeaters–making it ideal for comprehensive coverage of large households or facilities. A latching alarm indicator automatically identifies which unit in the series triggered the alarm. And thanks to unit’s convenient test/silence button, it is easy to check whether the alarm is functioning properly and mute false alarms.
The BRK hardwire carbon monoxide detects dangerous CO gas and allows you peace of mind with its battery backup. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, deadly gas. It can be emitted by sources including gas or oil furnaces, gas clothes dryers, water heaters, fireplaces, wood stoves, charcoal grills, gas ranges, and space heaters. A clogged chimney, improper venting, and attached garages can also cause carbon monoxide accumulation. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), at least one CO alarm should be installed near a home’s sleeping area. This alarm’s digital display with peak memory remembers and displays the highest CO levels detected.
The BRK CO5120PDBN hardwire CO alarm with battery backup and digital display includes these features:
- Quick plug-in power connector for easy installation.
- 120-volt AC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Digital display shows elevated levels of CO (in parts per million) present in the air.
- Microprocessor controlled for fewer nuisance alarms.
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit’s functionality.
- Latching alarm indicator which automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm.
- Battery drawer lock and mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance.
- AC power indicator and alarm indicator light.
- Low battery warning “chirp” and missing battery tab.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power outages.
All BRK Electronics carbon monoxide alarms are listed to UL Safety Standard 2034 for residential carbon monoxide alarms. Includes 9-volt backup battery. 5-year limited warranty. Meets new CO codes in various New York counties.–Bree Norlander
What’s in the Box
One carbon monoxide alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user’s manual
120-volt hardwired carbon monoxide alarm wires directly into your home’s electrical system
Electrochemical sensor and microprocessor accurately detect carbon monoxide while minimizing false alarms
Backlit digital display allows you to view current and peak levels
Easy-to-access battery drawer; 9-volt battery included
Carbon monoxide detector can integrate with up to 18 compatible devices for extended coverage
Superior carbon monoxide sensor with battery backup
Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
Microprocessor controlled for fewer nuisance alarms
Simple to use silence/test button; convenient alarm latch indicator
9-volt battery included; 7-year limited warranty